Monday, November 20, 2006

East Rosebud Lake Falls

Old
New- Not Finished
“East Rosebud Lake Falls”
8” x 10”
Unframed - Oil on prepared Masonite

Laura Marie Anderson © November 20, 2006

I painted this painting this past summer. It had to be the most boring painting. Since I have a cold, my energy is drained and it seemed easier to try to fix than to start from scratch. I changed the color scheme thinking I could go with the complementary colors, blue and orange and purple and yellow. Still it was a boring painting. I tried adding this goat. I got the best pictures to work from this fall when I came upon three goats. They were bright white from a recent rain and fat from a hardy summer. I would like to add some yellow to the fur but the paint is to thick and wants to blend with the blue/purple color underneath. I will leave this painting again for yet another day. As for today, it remains unfinished.

No comments: