Saturday, November 25, 2006

Orange and Baby Spoon

“Orange and Baby Spoon”
6” x 8”
Unframed - Oil on prepared Masonite
Available at $100.
Laura Marie Anderson © November 25, 2006

I am starting to feel better. While I wanted to paint something simple today, I found the orange by itself to be less than challenging. So, I tried to add an egg, but instead of adding to the composition, it competed for the space and attention. Then I tried this baby spoon. The spoon I found long ago at a junk store. It is engraved “Donald, April 21, 1967.” Donald would be 39 years old this year. When I found it I thought about being born with a silver spoon in your mouth and then I thought about what it would be like to have been born with one and then to have lost it. I wonder what Donald’s life is like now? I couldn't resist bringing the spoon home or putting it in this painting. I find this to be a delightful little painting.

No comments: