Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Gala

“Gala”
5” x 7”
Unframed - Oil on prepared Masonite
Available at $100.
Laura Marie Anderson © November 29, 2006

The cold has moved into my chest and some days are just very busy and no matter how one tries there doesn’t seem to be time for doing the one thing that I love, so after dinner and a day spend bookkeeping and doing office work, I sit down to paint. Might I say my enthusiasm was less than desirable? I looked at this apple turned it round and stopped in this position and began to paint. Self doubts creeping in and got pushed out. Van Gogh said something like - Paint every day to silence the negative voices. So I continued, committed to portraying the beauty that God has placed before me. When I was finished and came out of my zone, I was brought almost to tears by the beauty on this little piece of wood. There are days when I am so amazed, and feel so pleased with what “I” little ole’ me, has been able to do, blessed with this ability to share God’s beauty, that I feel these tears of joy and appreciation for such a wonderful gift.

No comments: