Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Beaver Pond, December 13, 2006


“Beaver Pond, December 13, 2006”
8”x10”
Available at $200.
Unframed - Oil on prepared Masonite
Laura Marie Anderson © December 13, 2006


Today I had an appointment in Billings, so no new paintings. However, yesterday I was in the dark so I went to bed early. So I am posting for yesterday and the following painting which I finished today.

Yesterday, I sat in my car while the winds were howling. The beaver pond is tuck in a bit, so with the car window facing opposite the direct wind, I could open the passenger side window and while sitting in the car, painting box on my lap, paint while not freezing to death. Aha! I have learned something new. Anyway about 5pm the trees were bending down from the wind and quite frankly it was getting a bit creepy. Just them a flash of light, just like in a sci-fi movie and this weird electrical noise. That creeped me out completely, so I packed it up and headed back to the house. It was now almost completely dark. I got back to the house, took a hold of the back door, give it a pull and the wind is so strong, for a moment. I thought it might not open. I stepped into the house hit the light switch and there were no lights. I stumbled around in the dark, wondering where I put that lantern, found a candle and call my sweet neighbors, they had power. So I figured I was the only one. I call the power company, Beartooth Electric, and to my surprise within two hours they were out moving the tree that caused that arch of electricity and got my power going. How sweet is that?

No comments: