Monday, December 11, 2006

Shannon Cicles


“Shannon Cicles”
8” x 6”
Unframed - Oil on prepared Masonite
Available at $100.
Laura Marie Anderson © December 11, 2006


I went out in search of something to painting today. I made my way back to Shannon Creek hoping to catch the sun in one of it’s splendid moments. Being straight over head it was nearly blinding as it spread itself over the ice. I turned around to find this splendid spot.



As for those Pinecones yesterday: Painting is like running, and drawing and cycling for that matter, some days you just sort of plod ahead knowing that even though its not the best run and you certainly aren’t exceeding your personal best and it feels bad, at least you are doing it. While hundreds of others are being couch potatoes at least the effort is there. From personal running experience, these less than wonderful days are the days that set the level of commitment, the days that set me apart as a runner. These days make running in the rain seem not only possible, but pleasant in comparison. Today was a great paint day. Not only did I finish this one, but prepared about 20 panels for more paintings.

No comments: